Who are we?
Bon Mot is referred to in this policy as ‘we’, ‘our’, and ‘us’.
Why do we collect your data?
We recognise the need to treat any customer data in an appropriate and lawful manner, and only collect and process the data on the basis of contract, and legitimate interests.
We collect data about you for the purpose of fulfilling our duties of any contract made by us when receiving an order placed by you, the customer.
We may also, with your consent, collect your data for the purpose of providing you with marketing, promotional, or competition information.
We use Facebook Pixel to collect data. To know more, please read Facebook's data policy here Facebook
What personal information do we collect from you?
For the purpose of completing our obligations in processing your order, we will need to collect some personal information from you. Personal Information are any identifiable details supplied to us that mean we can identify you either directly, or indirectly. This can be anything from an order number to specific information, such as your address details, or telephone number.
Details of when data is collected are listed below:
- When placing an order with Bon Mot
- When setting up an account with Bon Mot
- Subscribing to our newsletter, marketing campaigns, or other promotions
- When entering any prize draws, or competitions
- Filling in any forms on any of our sites, or social media pages
- Communicating with our social media pages, in the form of comments, or uploads of photographs, or use of campaign hashtags
- Communicating with us via email, telephone, or by writing to us
How do we use your information?
Bon Mot only use the personal information provided by you for the following:
- For us to handle your orders, deliver your goods, and to process any payments and refunds, including the sharing of your data to any third-parties involved in the processes of your order, and delivery being completed
- To provide updates for orders placed, including any changes regarding parcel delivery
- To contact you in regards to any communication sent to us
- Keeping your contact details up to date
- Management of your online account
- To detect and prevent possible fraud, or abuse on our sites
- To send you details of marketing campaigns, news about our company, competitions, or promotions that may interest you, providing we have received your consent to do so
- To personalise your experience across our platforms, i.e. providing targeted suggestions for you online based on your previous use of our website
- When processing any competition, or prize draw entry (If any other purposes for processing your data are required, these will be detailed in any Terms and Conditions supplied in association with the competition at entry)
- Online ads
- We use online advertising to keep you aware of what we’re up to and to help you find our products. We may target banners and ads to you when you use other websites and apps, based on your Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile Data. We do this using a variety of digital marketing networks and ad exchanges, and a range of advertising technologies such as web beacons, pixels, ad tags, cookies, and mobile identifiers, as well as specific services offered by some sites and social networks, such as Facebook’s Custom Audience Service.
- Email engagement
- When we send you marketing, service or order-related emails we will use a combination of pixels and cookies so we can be sure you have received them and also personalise your future experiences across our platforms.
Is your data shared?
We will not disclose information about our customers to third parties except where it is a necessary part of providing a service to you - e.g. arranging for a product to be sent to you. These may include, but are not limited to:
- Payment gateways
- Delivery fulfilment companies
- Technology hosts, such as servers and email distributors
- Business partners
Any information disclosed to us that is shared with any of our third-parties affiliations, or business partners will be limited to only the data needed to carry out instructions to complete your orders, or delivery of your goods.
Our sites may also contain links to the websites of our affiliates, business partners, their networks, and advertisers. If you follow a link to these websites they have their own privacy policies, which may differ from that of ours. Please check the details of these policies before you provide any details to third parties directly.
The third party payment gateway collects your payment card details in order to complete your purchase made through our site(s), and social media stores. If you choose a credit option for your payment, your order details will be sent to a third party provider. They will require further information to perform a credit check before any credit is agreed.
If you give your consent for marketing communications, or sign up to receive our newsletter, we will keep you informed by email, or via other electronic means about our products and services.
You can withdraw your consent at any time, and ask us not to continue processing your personal information.
To opt-out of any communications from us, or data processing you can:
- Unsubscribe by following the link provided on communications you receive
- By choosing not to opt-in for marketing communications when processing any order
- By contacting our customer services, who will need to confirm your identity to process your request
Any requests made to unsubscribe from our communications will be processed as soon as possible, but may take a few days.
How are your details protected?
Across all our sites we use security measures to ensure your personal information is protected. Your data is also protected during any online transmission using Secure Sockets Layers (SSL) encryption software.to protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of information that we have collected about you from any of our platforms.
How long is your personal information held for?
Any personal information given by you to us is stored securely within our databases, for the purposes of us providing you with an account facility with Bon Mot. Your information will be retained for the duration of your account remaining open. You can at any time, request we stop processing your data, and request we delete information we hold, in accordance with your rights.
However, any data that must be retained for legal purposes cannot be deleted but will be anonymised, and retained for only the period specified legally as a requirement. After this time, any remaining data will be deleted.